Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You're in Love with a Friend.


It is early in the morning and I’m doing this write up inside a bus. I’ve been thinking about this topic for quite some time now since a very good friend of mine asked me to write about this well-known epidemic in the world- you falling in love with a friend.

Attraction

Some would say that they are not attracted to the “suspect” INITIALLY. That the first time they’ve known each other, there’s not a single thought that prophesized: “One day, you’ll bang your head at the wall cause you’re losing sanity for “the Luuurrrvveee”. Admit it, you’re guilty of that superb denial script with the lines: “Excuse me??? He’s NOT  even my type! DUH?”. Well, I said INITIALLY. And that “INITIALLY” would sometimes mean days, a week, or a month. And then that STUPID little instance of sweetness, a moment of awkward silence, or a night’s sleepover would change your platonic PRINCIPLE in a snap.

Proximity

I really hate proximity. It’s not that I don’t want anyone to be near me. It’s just that proximity breaks down all your defenses. There will come a time when you’ll be fighting against, well, you yourself. Proximity will knock you out of your guardzone, making you realize how nice it is to be near the “accused” ( the one that makes you smile with a super corny, mega nonsense joke, the one who scolds you of not finishing your spaghetti meal, and YOU, unknowingly surrenders- DROPPED DOWN, BREATHLESS, D-E-A-D).Stupid proximity teaches you, of course, stupidity. You will reach a point where you won’t even mind how you’ll end up for the sake of a sight, a talk, a shared laughter. You’ll ignore those SHAMEFUL moments, you’ll get used to it. You won’t care, and so, you’ll eat your priceless pride- chicken fried.

I’ve waited long enough to finish this. I even see to it that I’ve watched the movie Les Miserables for the character Eponine [yeah I know: ON MY OWN. =’( ]. “I’VE BEEN THROUGH THIS FOREVER”, I said to my friend. That friend told me that I won’t be like THIS ‘forever’, and that I just have to wait. I guess so too. And to end up this article, I would like to tell you some things about taking:

CHANCES

Again, TAKE CHANCES, because chances are, it will take you THERE too. If you really like the “murderer”, go for it. DO YOUR PART. Help that scumbag realize that you are worth the sight. Of course, do it with GRACE. You won’t like ending up like a chewing gum stuck in the corner of the garbage can when you CARELESSLY do this TAKING-CHANCES thing. Look flawlessly fine even when deep inside, you are taking all the efforts to remind him that YOU EXISTS. If you really LOVE that idiot, just be right there for him. Never ever let a span of time pass away without a slightest “you” in his circulatory system. TRY. At least, TRY.

Take it from there. This is not a new story in our history. And, like all others say:

Baby, YOU are in the most strategic place.





photos: www.wikihow.com

3 comments:

  1. can't help but smile.. of all your entries, this is by far, the most relate-able (friends daw pero may malisya naman).. haha..

    i love the choice of words and the emotions behind them.. may pinaghuhugutan.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Look flawlessly fine even when deep inside, you are taking all the efforts to remind him that YOU EXISTS. If you really LOVE that idiot, just be right there for him."

    i so love the line! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it, just pure emotions :D

    ReplyDelete