Monday, January 7, 2013

The Boy that was Never Yours


I wrote this one about a month ago. It's crazy that it's not applicable to any of my feelings at the moment anymore. See how girls change their emotions? Hahaha. I'm now happy eating my Ricoa Flat Tops while taking a short break from work, got a sudden lift of happiness, and so I think I want to share this with you. :)



You always got that feeling that maybe this time, "this is it." Yes, it's a sign, you're a girl. I don't know why we tend to feel or think that way. We are so dead hopeless romantics since Barbie was born. Believe me, cliche I may sound,but it's the happiest feeling in the world- being in Love. Though it brings the most tragic blood clot too, courtesy of Love's cousin- One-sided Love.

I've met Cris during a job interview, and I must say that he's way too shy/reserved or snob to the point that you would never notice him in the middle of the crowd. I'm fine with that. In the past  two decades and three years of my existence, I was never attracted to loud boys. Neither to shy boys though (not until this time),but to snob guys? definitely yes.


As we move along with our interview (he's our interviewer), he was doing just fine until he did the most manly smile I have ever seen in my entire life! Mind you, by that moment, I have proven true those slow-motion scenes in the movies, and the starry-twinkling eyes of the princesses whose hearts are pricked by Cupid's love pins. I can't literally explain the feeling but I hope that you can relate when I say that it is as if you have dug your heart out, put it in the fridge,remove it when it's chilled and then that's it! Don't try to put it back in because the feeling I want to describe is the HEARTLESS feeling!

The second chance we were together, I was seated next to him and guess what? I was able to memorize his facial features! (laughs) I'll end with laughing. It's ironic how gleeful one girl might be when she's in this situation and yet she can't put her tossed-up, chilled heart back in, aware of the fact that the moment she does, the numbness will fade and the pain of the one-sided "what-if" will remain. 

I was hired, by the way. :)




photo: listal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment