Monday, January 7, 2013

A Strong Woman’s Alter Ego is an Inner Goddess



Describing her as Miss Independent is an understatement. Calling her the tubby brat is, well, an understatement too! Kidding. Hahaha
.
I’ve known the pretty lady Mae for about three years now and yet she still keeps on making me laugh my whole heart out in our chats and texts messaging. She is, in no doubt, the queen of the best witty jokes ever! She carries herself the way Anne Hathaway would do herself, say, in the movie Love and Other Drugs? Yes. That daring.

But if you would really know her, you will be even more amazed when you’ve learned how dramatic her life has been. And when I say drama, it means that you’ll have two lanes of slimy liquid type of crying when you cry. Life has been too ironic with her, that the more she struggles, the happier she gets. Crazy.

She keeps on telling me her secret. She has an alter ego. More of a Hey-don’t-get-lost-I’m-here type of another self that speaks with her every time she finds herself loosing sanity. She calls “her” her inner goddess.

Her “unnamed” inner goddess, according to her is a lady now. She keeps her strong in times of grief telling her “Stand up, move on, walk.” With grace, this inner goddess commands her to keep calm and take everything under her control. When she’s in front of her super/dash/ultimate crush, inner goddess will whisper: “Okay, walk slowly, don’t panic, control your emotions.” When she’s in a fight, inner beautiful goddess turns not only into Athena, but to Medusa too! 

So why am I telling you all this?

Yeah. I want to let you know that, we too can stand up, gracefully walk, and turn into Medusa, I mean Athena as well! There will come a moment when you’ll feel that you’re extraordinarily beautiful and that your inner self is glowing. When that time comes, I’m sure that your inner goddess is born in you. Mine is a little kiddy goddess still, trying to keep me patient and calm all these times.

I keep on telling Mae that she’s not kind. I’ve always been that honest with her. But with that honesty, I can sincerely say that her goodness as a person is what makes her inner goddess shine. Have an inner goddess that is upright, not necessarily kind.

Oh, hi there. Hello goddess! :)


photo: fashioneditorials.com

No comments:

Post a Comment